So what makes the Weber Genesis E-310 Gas Grill be that favored?
Talking about barbecue grill, there is a wide range of highly appreciate aspects. I could let you know for sure the lifetime length of a Genesis Grill or the awesome warranty provided for this machine. Not mention to the fact that you are 24/7 hour supported. Moreover, the products are sold with competitive cost. And the greatest thing is that, with Genesis cooks, even the boys could do the grill cook.
In 1985, the Genesis gas grill launched their redesigned product for the fourth time, which is probably their major and most dramatic to the market. For the first time, the configuration of the machine was changed its position in the casting process. Different from the old grill with left to right orientation burners and right side valves, Weber made a little changes and put the valves on a front control panel with the burners running from the front to the back.
What is the reason for the change?
At their first and second attempt, the Genesis made side shelves for the barbecue with one or two flip up shelves in order to provide more space for the preparation on the machine. With the third effort, Weber used stainless side shelves to minimize the prep area. And of course, there were a few bad feedback on the missing space for preparation, especially on the side burner models.
In the Genesis series, the 310 one is the entry level only, but that does not mean you are getting a lesser barbecue. In spite of the same structure as Genesis 320 and 330 series, the Genesis E-310 is not created with features like the side burner or sear burner.
The feature made the Weber Genesis 310 series become a very economize alternative chance no matter you are expert or just a getting started griller.
The distinctive style of the Weber Genesis E-310 gas grills comes from porcelain shroud accentuated with painted end caps, the enameled doors add to the look of the barbecue which will enhance any deck.
Tips for maintenance from the Barbecue Guy: Having the battery changed every six months or so will prolong the ignition. The leaking battery will lead to the shorting out situation and unnecessary repairs.
Being the entry model of the Genesis Line, the Weber Genesis E-310 is completed with Porcelain Enameled Cast Iron Grills, this ensure the wonderful sear marks, which could only be seen in the best restaurant. During grilling time, smoke is inevitably created as the grease touch the fire but with Porcelain enameled Flavorizer Bars, it would run off quickly avoiding many flareups. The machine would be quite eye-catching with a porcelain enameled shroud (lid) and doors while having barbecue on your deck.
The appearance of the porcelain enameled lid is always my enchanted favor, which make Weber owner the envy of the neighborhood; though I still hold the opinion that it gives a look of distinction and style.
- 3 Stainless steel burners perfect for direct and indirect cooking
- With input 38,000 BTU-per-hour, all of your recipes are powerful ready
- Each burner is equipped with individual electronic ignition
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates, restaurant quality cooking
- With porcelain-enameled Flavorizer® bars, the smoke could be created without the present of flareups
- Primary cooking area = 507 sq in, large enough for entertaining
- Warming rack area = 130 sq in
- Total cooking area = 637 sq in
- Tank not included with LP models
- Natural gas grills include a 10-foot flexible hose and quick coupler
- The control panel is put at the front
- The chosen material for deflectors is heated vitreous enamel
- A thermometer is put in the middle of the accent colored painted porcelain-enameled shroud with cast-aluminum end caps
- Enclosed cart and painted steel doors are corresponding, with stainless steel handles, and accent-colored painted side and rear panels
- The frame made of steel is painted in accent-colored
- The material for 2 surfaces is stainless steel
- Enclosed tank storage area and precision fuel gauge (provided in LP models only)
- 2 casters for front locking heavy-duty
- 2 casters for back swiveling heavy-duty
- Right now, LP grills are on the market with three available colors: black, copper, and green
- For NG grills, they are only served in black color.
- Height: 64.5 inches
- Width R-L: 60 inches
- Depth: 30 inches
What distinguishes the Weber Genesis E-310 and the Weber Genesis S-310?
- Regarding Grills-The Weber Genesis E-310 is designed with porcelain enameled cast iron grills, whilst they used 7mm stainless steel one for the S310.
- Regarding flavorizer bars – Porcelain enameled bars are equipped in the Weber Genesis E-310 while stainless steel flavorizer bars material is used for the Genesis s-310
- Regarding shroud and doors- porcelain enameled material are used to make shroud and doors on the Weber Genesis E-310, while stainless shroud and doors are equipped on the S-310
Regarding cooking Grills: People hold controversial point of view about whether the cast grills or stainless grills are better. Among 50 interviewed people, there would always be an even. The heat always stay a little better with the cast iron, which cause eyes catching sear marks on the food. In the case of stainless steel, the heat is kept much longer and was retained enough for sear mark making also. Please be advised that you could always enhance the grill to the stainless steel one whenever you want.
3 YEARS WARRANTY FOR CROCKERY ENAMELED CAST IRON, 5 YEARS FOR STAINLESS STEEL.
Flavorizer Bars: The certain winner in the length of product life would be the stainless steel flavorizer bars, the porcelain coated bars will be well used to at least five years depending on aim of utilizing but they can be purchased for a replacement then.
Shroud and doors: The cover is the most influential to my decision. How do you want your kitchen deck look like? Porcelain glazed is the original distinctive finish on the Genesis series, it is easier to clean.
Having been servicing Weber grill master for 20 years and saw many remakes on design as well, while to my point of view, some changes are not very necessary. But what the heck Weber never asked my opinion anyways. However, through the upgraded versions that have been made, I think they have upheld a certain level of craftsmanship that keep them above their competition, especially in price point.
There is not much customers who decided not to buy another one and that by itself is a great news. Most buy another Weber Grill when the time comes, some will try a higher priced brand only to realize that they aren’t as happy as they were with their Weber.
Honestly, the new Weber Grills are not really going to last as length as the original Genesis. When looking at the fact that the first generation was more expensive than today’s models, you can understand why. Nevertheless, their construction is extremely good, their warranty is beyond compare to others and aftermarket parts are very easy to find. That’s why I service more Weber’s than any other brands, my customers love their grills and don’t want to try another one.
Sei Restaurant hope this review post helpful to you and if you decide to buy a new grill from my site, I do make a small commission from Amazon, a guy got to pay the bills. At the least, you might visit the links above to see the reviews from other Weber owners.